Mrs Claus Cherry Cheesecake Slice and Oreo Snowman Cookies
Recipes by Emily Jabour – The Party Bebe
Two quick and easy, no-bake party treats that are perfect for the festive season.
Mrs Claus Cherry Cheesecake Slice
Makes 30 slices
250 grams chocolate biscuits (Oreos or choc ripple biscuits)
75 grams butter, melted
Cherry cheesecake filling
500 grams cream cheese, brought to room temperature
1 cup icing sugar
300 mls thickened cream
200 grams glace cherries
200 mls thickened cream
200 grams butter
1. Place the biscuits into a food processer and process until fine crumbs form. Add the melted butter and process until combined.
2. Spoon the biscuit mixture into the base of a slice tin and press down to evenly cover the base. Place the tin in the freezer for a minimum of five minutes.
3. Place the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
4. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, cream and icing sugar and beat with an electric mixer on low until combined. Add the cherries and then pour the mixture into the slice tin.
5. Pour the chocolate ganache over the cheesecake and place in the fridge to set for a minimum of two hours. For best results, allow to set overnight.
Oreo Snowman Cookies
100 grams white chocolate, melted
1 black licorice strap
4 orange Licorice Allsorts
1. Cut thin strips off the licorice strap for the eyes and mouth.
2. Peel the orange layer off the Licorice Allsorts and cut into triangles for the nose.
3. Prepare the snowman hats by cutting the sides off each of the remaining Licorice Allsorts and retain the bottom black layer for the hat brim. Cut each piece into three thin hats.
4. Dip each of the Oreos into the melted chocolate and place on baking paper.
5. Position the eyes, nose, mouth and hats onto the cookies and allow to set.