We’ve done it. We’ve braved the winter and arrived on the other side. Welcome to Spring (and magpie swooping, thunderstorms and hay fever). With the little kiddiewinks on school holidays, it’s time to come up with some bonding (A.K.A. distraction) activities and do we have the perfect one for you! Rainbow pancakes! These may be a tad messy but, boy, they are just so cute! If you’re feeling fancy, pick up some silicone pancake moulds and make fantastic pancake art!
Toppings, to serve (such as sprinkles, berries, maple syrup, whipped cream, Greek yoghurt)
- Prepare pancake batter according to package instructions.
- Divide the batter into 5 separate bowls (or however many colours you want!).
- Colour each portion of batter a different colour. Mix until colour is uniform.
- Place a non-stick fry pan over medium heat and spray with an oil spray, or grease with butter.
- Turn the heat to low. To make one pancake, place three tablespoons of batter into the fry pan. Spread into a circle.
- Once small bubbles have formed on the surface of the pancake, flip and cook for another 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with desired toppings and serve!