Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
120g unsalted butter
40g caster sugar
60g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
140g plain flour
½ tsp salt
½ baking powder
125g chocolate chips (or more)
Ice cream, sprinkles, cream, chocolate sauce to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C Grease a 20cm oven-proof skillet (fry pan).
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add egg to butter mixture and beat on medium speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add dry mix to the butter mixture and combine on low speed until all flour has disappeared. You will need to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Push cookie dough into greased skillet. Now is the time to add any extras such as Nutella, peanut butter, caramel, chopped chocolate bars, etc.
- Bake cookie for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of your favourite ice cream, sprinkles and chocolate sauce.
- Eat directly out of the skillet – it ALWAYS tastes better.